Bowie Police Department Employment
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST IIIhttps://bowie.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST III: This is a senior performance level position, with lead responsibility over real-time aspects of assigned shift call taking and dispatching operations. An incumbent in this class leads subordinate Bowie City dispatchers and call takers in evaluating caller information entered into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system to direct a coordinated service response with appropriate emergency resources.
- High school diploma or GED plus three (3) years of responsible work experience as a Public Safety Emergency Dispatcher I/II in a communications center
- Must be certified and maintain a Maryland State National Crime Information Center (NCIC) CN2
- Must be certified and maintain an American Heart Association (AHA) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Basic Life Support (CPR/BLS) course for Health Care Providers
- Certified as Communications Training Officer (CTO)
Application Deadline: July 7, 2017 at 11:59 PM
How to Apply: All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie Police Department application packet available at www.cityofbowie.org
POLICE OFFICER - ENTRY LEVEL
Police Officer: Charged with maintaining order, protecting life and property and upholding the laws of the State of Maryland and the ordinances of the City of Bowie.
Must work independently; perform regularly assigned duties under general orders.
- 21 years or older upon Academy graduation.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- U.S. citizen.
- Valid Driver's license
- Must pass physical agility test, written exam, background check & drug screening.
Mail to: Bowie Police Department
Attn: Personnel, 15901 Excalibur Road
Bowie MD 20716
City is a drug & alcohol-testing employer.
THE CITY OF BOWIE, MARYLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF THE CITY’S GOVERNMENTAL STRUCTURE.